Just a brief update today.
I have finished my summaries of issues #1-50 of the second series and I am going to move on to #51-100 soon, which includes some of my favourite issues. I’m looking forward to rereading the Greening of Gotham arc, and Swampy’s adventures through space, and trying again to understand Rick Veitch’s run.
Other pages are always being updated: there are a few more Collected Editions out now, and I’m still whittling down the backlog of items I need to add to the Bibliography. I’m about to move house so, when that’s out of the way, I might have some more time to add content. Spring has now sprung in Australia and the extra sunshine is a good motivator too.
I should also mention the passing of film director Wes Craven, who directed the first Swamp Thing feature film. I’ve listed a few Swampy/Craven-related resources on the relevant webpage, which include interviews with Craven and some analyses of the film. I would recommend a WorldCat search for details on how to obtain these materials in your area.
Thanks for reading,
I’ve been having a bit of a break from the site while I try and get through some other books and generally slow down at the half-way mark of our Southern hemisphere winter.
Some things I think I did get done since my last post:
- Summarised Book 3 of the Alan Moore run, which takes me through to around the ‘Crisis On Infinite Earths’ of mid-1986.
- Added more references into the Bibliography. I haven’t quite captured all of the Swampmen book yet, but I think I’m finally going to get my hands on an elusive Swampy-related book chapter when I visit my hometown of Adelaide next weekend.
- Added a list of creator websites/fansites into the Links page. I wasn’t able to find any good links for some of the important writers/artists who have been involved in Swamp Thing over the years, so if you see something that I have missed please let me know.
Briefly, in other Swampy news:
- Swamp Thing has started guesting in the Justice League United series. The rest of that 2-parter should be out mid-next month.
- It has been reported that Guillermo del Toro is no longer involved with the Dark Universe film.
- The first issue of the Dark Universe comic, which is possibly a retitling of the Justice League Dark series, has been delayed following the departure of the creative team.
- Swamp Thing will appear in a 6-issue mini-series in early 2015, possibly featuring the same creative team (Len Wein and Kelley Jones) who were involved in the ‘Convergence’ issues.
Bye for now,